For the first entry under “My Journey” I would like to write something I am currently dealing with.
I have realized I have been double-minded about my job as a Taxi Driver. Thinking about and considering getting a better paying job, while wanting my job as a Taxi Driver to become a ministry. No wonder it has progressed so slowly: a double minded man cannot expect his prayers and supplications to be fulfilled since he cannot steadfastly say what he really desires. So I have decided, I will no longer consider any other job unless our LORD specifically gives me one. No more looking around, no more entertaining the idea, only single-mindedly focusing on my taxi driving to be my full time (or near full time as my future progresses) ministry.
I drive for Krazy Cab of NWI, Inc. and have recently moved from Cab 24 to a new cab for Krazy Cab. They have just purchased a Mercury Grand Marquis LS, Cab 29.
I will post Taxi Ministry updates as I am able.
Here is my vision:
1. To have the Presence of GOD so strong in the cab that people have encounters with Almighty GOD whether or not anything is said; including salvations, healings, deliverances, miracles, prophecies, etc.
2. To work with a network of local congregations in our regular pick-up area who can be trusted with very damaged and hurting people that I drive to send to them. Congregations who instead of scaring the hell out of them will love the Heaven into them. This includes Gary, Merrillville, Miller, Lake Station, Hobart, New Chicago, Portage, Burns Harbor, Chesterton, Porter, South Haven, Valparaiso, and Wheeler.
3. To drive as my own brand, Kingdom Cab, dispatched by Krazy Cab of NWI, Inc.
4. To be able to be assigned to customers specifically requesting Kingdom Cab; whether it be a customer paid or contract paid ride or request.
5. To be able to self-promote Kingdom Cab while also promoting (not talking down or undermining) Krazy Cab.
6. To drive Tuesday through Friday every week with first pickup at 8:30 a.m., last call issued no later than 4:00 p.m., and last pickup no later than 4:30 p.m.; unless scheduled and agreed to the day before.
7. To drive a vehicle similar to a Cadillac or Lincoln large car or station wagon with AWD; so that the vehicle is low enough to the ground for elder people, smaller people and small kids, and injured people to get into, yet has enough leg room for people who are quite tall, and cargo space for a family of four going to the airport.
8. Ideally, I would like to be able to not charge for rides, while still paying Krazy Cab for dispatch services as long as we are affiliated.
This may be quite a list, however, I believe it needs to be a setup only GOD can fulfill and one that I cannot do no matter what I attempt on my own. It must be a GOD thing, backed by GOD, and accomplished by GOD; otherwise it will not be worth doing. This is my vision for my job.
Yehovah bless you and keep you.
Yehovah shine His Face upon you and be gracious to you.
Yehovah lift His Countenance upon you and give you His Peace.